The Xootr Swift folding bicycle is a great bicycle which happens to fold. The Xootr Swift is a real bike with classic frame angles and wheelbase. It rides like a real bike. For most people it can be your only bike. It happens to get quite compact in about 10 seconds. This is very useful if you need to pop your bike in your car…or take it in an elevator…or carry it on a train. It will also pack into a standard suitcase (e.g., a Samsonite hardshell suitcase) with about 15 minutes of your time, so you can take it with you when you travel. We have gone to great lengths to make the hard decisions for you. You need only provide us with some information about your size and we will configure your Swift at the factory to meet your needs.
The single speed folding bike version is exactly the same as the 8-speed Swift, just without the shifter, rear derailleur, and rear cassette. The rear cassette is replaced with our single speed conversion kit, so it can easily be changed to a multi-speed bike in the future should you ever want to. You will also need a rear derailleur hanger to convert a single speed Swift to a multi-speed bike.
We are bicycle enthusiasts at Xootr and we ride the Swift folding bike for pretty much all uses except off-road mountain biking and road racing (and honestly, we've done some racing on a Swift as well). We commute by bicycle all year on the Swift. We also use the Swift for recreational riding and it makes an excellent family bicycle because it fits a wide variety of sizes.
The main advantages of Xootr Swift folding bicycles over a conventional bike are:
- Fits in your car easily without a bicycle rack.
- Fits in the elevator, on the bus, or in the cubicle easily.
- Requires very little storage space in the house or apartment.
- Lighter than an equivalent conventional bicycle.
- More cargo space behind your seat because of the smaller wheels, which can be exploited with the use of the CrossRack bicycle rack system.
The main advantages of a Xootr Swift folding bicycle over other folders are:
- Rides like a real bike. The ride is essentially exactly like that of a standard "hybrid" bicycle.
- Light weight. We believe the Xootr Swift is one of the lightest folders under $800.
- Fastest folding time. You can fold the Swift in 5-10 seconds.
- Standard bicycle components. You can modify, upgrade, and repair the Xootr Swift folding bicycle with industry standard components including tires, tubes, pedals, cranks, chains, handlebars, stems, brakes, etc.
- Value. The Swift Folder is priced attractively relative to other high-quality folding bicycles.
- Service. The guys at our shop provide legendary customer service. Just shoot them an email or give them a call if you have questions or problems related to any Xootr product.
Let us save you some time. If you're looking for the tiniest little folding bike, one that will amaze your friends as you pull it out of it's tiny little pocket pouch, then the Swift is not for you. The Swift gets fairly compact, but it is designed to be first and foremost a great bike on the road, not to be the tiniest bike on the market when folded up.
- Kickstand, $7.25
- Folding pedals, $15
- Planet Bike fenders, $27.50
- Crossrack, $45.00
- Crossrack package, $68.90
- Nexride saddle, $79.00
- Thudbuster seat post, $135.00
- Small (under 5'5")
- Medium (5'5" - 5'10")
- Large (5'10" - 6'2")
- XL (6'2" - 6'5")
- XXL (6'5" - 6'7")
color black frame 6061-T6 custom-profiled aluminum tubing, TIG welded. Patented super stable, rigid, TrusFold system for maximum frame rigidity. Rear dropout spacing 132 mm, but can be compressed to 130mm or expanded to 135mm Braze-ons 2 pair (4 total) M5 on the rear, 1 pair (2 total) M5 on the front Rims Aluminum box-section rims, double wall with eyelets, machined sides Spokes 14 G x 2 mm stainless steel Spoke count 36 Lacing pattern 3 cross Hubs Quando CNC machined hubs with sealed bearings Tires Kenda Kwest 20 x 1.5 65 psi tire with schrader valve tube Rear cog 16T Chainring 52T, 130 mm BCD with chain guard Chain KMC Z72 1/2" x 3/32", 108 links Cranks 170 mm aluminum alloy, square taper Bottom bracket 68 mm x 116 mm sealed cartridge, square taper, ISO/English thread Pedals Wellgo LU-964, aluminum alloy cage and body, Cro-Mo spindle, toe clip mountable Brakes Tektro M710 V-Brake Brake levers Tektro TS325A levers handlebar 25.4 mm x 500 mm x 6D 6061-T6 aluminum alloy with SRAM rubber grips Riser 250 mmL CroMoly with braze-ons for a standard water bottle cage Seat Velo VLG-3029 Plush Comfort with Ozone Seat post 6061-T6 aluminum, 34.0 mm OD, microadjust clamp Folded dimensions 36.5" L x 40.25" H x 20" W. We also provide dimensions of the Swift in other folded configurations. Weight 25 lbs (11.3 kgs)
Even more Xootr Swift Folding Bike detail
For more on the topics below, see: Xootr Folding Bike Details